11 September 2010

2 quick things

First, WOW last night's sunset was amazing! Check out these pictures I took from my phone that don't even begin to show all the colors:

9/10/2010 7:29pm (what I saw: very pretty golden array)


7:36pm (what I saw: amazing pinks and purples)


7:37pm (what I saw: the entire sky and ocean on fire with crimson and orange)

I wish these pictures were half as good as the real thing, but I don't have much of a camera right now. :(

And second, we went to the last Sitka Farmer's Market today and we got some awesome produce!


one jar of rose hip jelly (right front), one bunch of chard (left), one bunch of young celery (center front), one jar of bull kelp chutney (right center), purple potatoes (center), and the smallest head of cabbage they had (center rear). Total paid: $28.50

2 comments:

  1. 2 things.
    1) wow, that's a lot of dough for that bit of farmer produce. here? MAYBE $10.00
    2) ok, sunset was beautiful- dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoElle neglected to mention that $10 of the $28.50 was for the jelly and chutney. We do pay a bit of a premium here, but don't forget that things tend to cost between 3 and 4 times as much in the store, so homegrown "organic" (I guess that means "with slugs and worms still included") veggies with far more flavor coming in for only twice what you'd pay is a relative bargain.

    ReplyDelete